The project aims to increase the transparency and accountability of local self-governing bodies, which in turn will boost public confidence in the local authorities and their executive bodies.
The level of public confidence remains relatively low because most people do not know how the funds they pay in taxes are used and do not believe that they can somehow affect this process. Public confidence can be returned by taking measures that would contribute to the understanding of the citizens how the budgetary system works at the local level and distribution of information in accessible form on the use of funds by the local authorities.
- To develop the software for creating a monitoring system “Public Budget”.
- To distribute the software among the 16 pilot local authorities.
- To increase the level of public awareness of formation and use of local budgets.
- To increase the level of public confidence in the local authorities in pilot regions.
- To increase the level of accountability of local self-governing bodies.